MSC Cruises has announced a further suspension of sailings from the United States through February 28, 2021.
The extended pause in operations will affect three ships based in Florida: MSC Seaside in Port Canaveral, and MSC Meraviglia and Armonia in PortMiami.
Guests booked and paid in full on affected sailings will be offered a 125 percent future cruise credit of the original cruise fare. The credit will be eligible for a cruise on any ship and itinerary through April 30, 2022.
The 125 percent future cruise credit allows guests the opportunity to upgrade their stateroom category and add pre-purchases such as specialty dining, beverage packages, wifi, and spa treatments to their booking.
READ MORE: MSC Cruises Earns Environmental Award
Those who instead want a refund can request one.
Other MSC News
This announcement comes on the heels of both negative and positive news for MSC Cruises. To start with the negative, the line had to temporarily suspend voyages in the Mediterranean on MSC Magnifica in early November due to a resurgence of illness in the area. The line hopes to resume sailing on Magnifica later this month.
MSC Grandiosa, which has been sailing for over three months, is continuing to offer seven-night cruises in the Western Mediterranean.
And onto MSC’s positive news — it is officially the first international cruise line to be approved to cruise from Japan following the global health crisis. The line has achieved a health and safety certification from Japan’s official maritime classification society, ClassNK.
The ship MSC Bellissima will homeport in Yokohama and offer six to nine-night cruises this coming spring. The vessel is also scheduled to spend October and November 2021 in Japan.
Sales for these voyages will open to Japanese residents this month. The line plans to begin cruising there in April 2021.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies
EDITORIAL3 days ago
Why Drink Packages May Be the Biggest Challenge Facing Cruising’s Resumption