MSC Cruises has partnered with world renowned chocolatier and pastry chef, Jean-Philippe Maury to bring his inspiring culinary creations to the cruise line’s ships. This announcement reflects MSC’s passion for food and world-class dining experiences for their guests.
As part of the new, tasty partnership, the cruise line is already working with the chef to roll out new choices aboard MSC Divina. It will include new desserts in the buffet, speciality restaurants, and the MSC Yacht Club. His recipes include original flair, as well as unique creative twists to classic recipes.
The second phase of the partnership will see Chef Maury being given a big presence aboard MSC Cruises’ next-gen ships, MSC Meraviglia. The four Meraviglia and Meraviglia-plus ships will be the largest and most innovative ships ever build by the cruise line. Guests on these ships will be able to experience a chocolate atelier with an open kitchen, giving them a special glimpse into the creating of chocolate masterpieces. Maury will also work with MSC to design a gourmet ice cream parlor and a creperie in the indoor promenade.
Chef Maury was the executive pastry chef at The Bellagio Hotel Las Vegas in 1998 and then the Aria Hotel in 2009. Now, he is partners with MGM Resorts and manages two shops Jean Philippe Patisserie, one of which holds the world’s tallest chocolate fountain. Most recently, he opened a modern dessert shop in Little Italy in San Diego, called iDessert.
Sales for MSC Meraviglia opened last June, and the ship will debut in June 2017, sailing in the Mediterranean.
Visit MSC Cruises at msccruisesusa.com.
Photos courtesy of MSC Cruises.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Why Drink Packages May Be the Biggest Challenge Facing Cruising’s Resumption