Adventure and fables go hand in hand on Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic’s newest itinerary for 2013, The Fabled Lands of the North: Greenland, Baffin Island, Newfoundland & Labrador. Set for departure on August 24, 2013 aboard the 148-guest National Geographic Explorer, the 15-day itinerary will navigate from western Greenland’s fjords and the ice floes of Baffin Island to the historic fishing villages of the Canadian Maritimes.
The adventure will begin in the High Arctic with towering icebergs and massive glaciers, and a watch for polar bears, whales and walruses in their natural habitat. The journey will trace the historic coast of Labrador, where missionaries, fishermen, and whalers settled amid the Inuit, and a thriving community of artisans still remains. Guests will explore historic whaling towns, visit past and present Inuit villages, and follow in the footsteps of the Vikings in an ancient Norse settlement.
Rates begin at $13,470 per person based on double occupancy in a Category 1 cabin. Book by December 31, 2012 to receive complimentary charter airfare from Ottawa to Kangerlussuaq (a value of $1,200 per person).
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- Virgin Voyages Updating Cabins on Two Cruise Ships
- Chef Rudi Sodamin Named Princess’ Head of Culinary Arts
- New Residential Ship to Offer ‘Worldschooling’ Education Program
- Cruise News Today — January 24, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Explores $10 COVID-19 Testing Option for Shorter Cruises
- Cruise News Today — January 23, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 16, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant