Norwegian Cruise Line officially took delivery of Norwegian Escape on Thursday morning at the MEYER WERFT ship building company during a ceremony in Bremerhaven, Germany.
Norwegian Escape’s dining and entertainment will include outposts of several popular land-based outlets, including:
- Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville restaurant
- 5 O’Clock Somewhere Bar
- The Waterfront
- Latin seafood specialty restaurant
- Pincho Tapas Bar
- Food Republic, an upscale food emporium
- The District Brew House, a hip, urban craft beer hall
- The Cellars, A Michael Mondavi Family Wine Bar
- Miami’s oldest and most legendary bar, Tobacco Road
Norwegian Escape’s signature hull artwork is designed by marine wildlife artist and champion of ocean conservation, Guy Harvey.
The ship, the largest in Norwegian’s fleet of 14 ships, will carry 4,200 guests each week from Miami to tropical Caribbean destinations including St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands; Tortola, British Virgin Islands; and Nassau, Bahamas.
Norwegian Escape will arrive in Miami on November 9, 2015.