Singer and songwriter Carly Rae Jepsen has joined Carnival Cruise Line’s roster of artists performing for Carnival LIVE next year. She will be performing a free concert aboard Carnival Splendor in February, marking the first time the cruise line has collaborated with Universal Music Group and Brands.
This show will be unique for Carnival LIVE, because it will be free and open to all guests on the February 17 seven-day voyage. The concert will happen on Splendor‘s lido deck while the ship is at sea during a week-long Mexican Riviera cruise, round-trip from Long Beach. The voyage features a day-long call at Puerto Vallarta and two days at Cabo San Lucas.
Jepsen broke onto the music scene with her debut Kiss that included the hit that everyone was singing: “Call Me Maybe,” which climbed to the number one spot on the iTunes Singles chart in over 47 countries. After earning rave reviews in Broadway’s Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella, she released her next album, which received critical acclaim.
Previous Carnival LIVE artists have included Tim McGraw, Carrie Underwood, Jim Gaffigan, Chris Tucker, and Jay Leno, among many others. “We’re delighted to have Carly bring her signature brand of pop music to guests sailing aboard Carnival Splendor,” said Sarah Beth Reno, Carnival’s vice president of entertainment. “A free open-air concert on Lido Deck is an exciting new twist for Carnival LIVE and we can’t wait for our guests to experience this one-of-a-kind entertainment concept in an entirely new setting.”
- Norwegian Cruise Line Addresses Ship-Selling Rumors
- Unpaid Crew Members File Lawsuit Against Cruise Line
- Norwegian Cruise Line Reveals Timeline, Details On Return
- 21 Haunting Images of Carnival Inspiration’s Final Day
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of August 2, 2020
- Mediterranean Cruises Resume From Italy On August 15
- Disney Cancels More Sailings, Axes Halloween on the High Seas
- In Memory of Stormin’ Norm, Everyone’s Favorite Cruiser
- Fresh Air HVAC System Could Make Cruise Ships Safer
- Cruise Podcast: Sit Down With Carnival Corporation CEO Arnold Donald
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
In Memory of Stormin’ Norm, Everyone’s Favorite Cruiser
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
21 Haunting Images of Carnival Inspiration’s Final Day
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Reveals Timeline, Details On Return
CRUISE NEWS18 hours ago
Unpaid Crew Members File Lawsuit Against Cruise Line