A year ago ground was broken on Port Canaveral’s $65 million then-upcoming cruise terminal, fast forward to current and that new terminal will soon be servicing her first cruise ship.
The 2,056-guest Carnival Ecstasy is slated to use the brand new Terminal 6 on August 13, according to Seatrade Insider.
The new cruise terminal will be able to process disembarking and embarking passengers at the same time, include at 1,100-seat waiting area, a brand new pier, a $3 million gangway and a brand new 750-car parking garage with a covered walkway to the terminal.
Carnival Cruise Lines is Port Carnaveral’s largest cruise operator, carrying and estimated 600,000-guests in 2012.
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- Final Countdown: Will The CDC Lift The Ban On Cruise Ships?
- Alaska Inside Passage Cruises: What You Need to Know
- The Path To Reopening, Will Americans Cruise Next?
- Norwegian Cruise Line Releases 2023 Itineraries, Latitudes Offer
- Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021
- Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
- Do I Need A Passport To Cruise?
- When is the Best Time To Cruise Alaska?
- What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
- Princess Cruises Sells Two Cruise Ships
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Cruise Lines Submit Plan to CDC For Safe Return To Cruising
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021