By: Sarah Phillips
Don’t let the name fool you. Just because Royal Princess boasts a royal moniker, glamorous godmother and dining fit for a king doesn’t mean you won’t find tasty pizza and ice cream on board. Princess made sure its newest ship gives passengers plenty of dining options to fit every mood, sailing and taste.
The newest generation Princess ship will feature a wide selection of casual eateries, including Alfredo’s pizzeria, the new Ocean Terrace seafood bar, and the favorite International Café. Here’s a highlight of the casual dining options available on Royal Princess:
- Alfredo’s – A passenger favorite serving up fresh, hand-tossed Neapolitan-style pizzas. On Royal Princess, the complimentary menu expands to include a variety of Italian antipasti, soup and salads, a hearty calzone and pizza baguette, and delicious baked pastas in addition to desserts.
- Gelato – One deck below Alfredo’s, the brand new gelateria offers gelato, ice cream creations – including alcoholic and non-alcoholic sundaes, sweet crespelle, and more sweet treats.
- International Café – Located on the Piazza and featuring an expanded seating area, this classic café will be serving up new savory and sweet items along with a new variety of hot sandwiches with an international twist, including Cuban sandwiches and Mexican tortas.
- Tea Tower – Featuring up to 250 different kinds of tea, passengers can purchase premium pre-blended tea varieties or blend their own concoction. An onboard tea sommelier will host tea tasting and tea flight events.
- Ocean Terrace – Featuring treats from the sea, this seafood bar will offer an array of à la carte ocean treasures, including a flight of oyster shooters, fresh sushi and sashimi, ahi tuna poke, king crab cocktail, chili and lime crab margarita, a royal lobster dish, a chilled seafood sampler, and the world-renowned smoked Balik salmon, the salmon of the tsars.
- Horizon Court and Horizon Bistro – Expanded seating and new food options highlight this popular eatery. “Grab & Go” options, healthy breakfast offerings, the largest pastry shop at sea, new live stations with regional flair – including Asian, Mexican and Mediterranean fare, themed events – such as German Beer Fest and a Guacho BBQ feast, a new “Crab Shack” and a fondue menu are just some of the Horizon highlights you’ll find on Royal Princess
- Trident Grill – This Poolside treat will still offer the classics, but will now transform each night into a traditional smokehouse-style barbecue, serving up on a rotational basis hearty plates of jumbo chicken wings, Route 66 beef chili and Texas-style barbecue brisket.
- Outrigger Bar – Made-to-order burritos, fresh tortilla chips – complete with guacamole and salsa and a Margarita Bar keep the fiesta going all day and night at this new top-deck bar
Setting sail this summer, the 3,600-passenger Royal Princess will feature the line’s signature Grand Mediterranean itinerary throughout the summer, followed by Eastern Caribbean cruises beginning in the fall. The cruise ship is currently being finished up at Fincantieri shipyard in Italy.
Subscribe to our Cruise Updates.