Delta has partnered with the Port of Seattle for a new program at the T91 cruise terminal. The program will allow cruise guests to drop off their bags, and explore the city without the burden of luggage before catching their flight home.
Cruise ships arrive back in port early in the morning, and many guests don’t fly home until late afternoon. Through the new program, guests traveling with Delta can check in, and check their baggage with an onsite Delta facility as soon as they disembark, allowing them to explore a little bit before heading to the airport. Of course, guests leaving in the morning can bypass this new amenity, and just head straight to the airport as usual.
The program launched in late July, with a small team checking almost 200 bags, all before signage was even in place yet. Since then, Delta has checked in over 6,500 guests and 6,000 bags, and has been receiving positive feedback from customers. The program will continue through October 1.
Passengers find out about the service through the cruise lines during booking, onboard the ship, and by signs in the terminal once they disembark. So far, Delta is the only airline doing this, and if the program continues to be successful, they will continue to offer it for the full cruise season in 2017.
What do you think of this new program? Would you like to see it expand to other cruise ports in the future?
- Why We Cruise Wednesday: Calories Don’t Count
- Carnival Cruise Line Reveals New Party Space, Price Details
- Cruise Radio News Brief | Week of October 13, 2019
- 17 Carnival Cruise Ship Bars and Lounges
- Carnival Cruise Guests React To New Loyalty Gift
- Missing Cruise Workers Cause Major Rule Change
- 2020 Cruise Trends You Need to Know
- Princess Cruises Takes Delivery of Sky Princess
- Why You Should Attend Carnival’s Military Appreciation Gathering
- Royal Caribbean Passenger Kicked Off Ship For Dangerous Selfie
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Missing Cruise Workers Cause Major Rule Change
EDITORIAL3 days ago
Carnival Cruise Guests React To New Loyalty Gift
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Why You Should Attend Carnival’s Military Appreciation Gathering
BEFORE YOU CRUISE2 days ago
17 Carnival Cruise Ship Bars and Lounges
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Princess Cruises Takes Delivery of Sky Princess
CRUISE NEWS22 hours ago
Carnival Cruise Line Reveals New Party Space, Price Details
EDITORIAL4 days ago
2020 Cruise Trends You Need to Know
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Cruise Radio News Brief | Week of October 13, 2019