Norwegian Cruise Line joined its competitors in announcing that their ships will not be welcoming guests until May 11. This also includes the company’s Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises brands.
The original plan had been to welcome guests back to Norwegian’s fleet of ships beginning on April 12, 2020.
Compensation and Refund Options
All guests affected will automatically receive their refund in the form of a future cruise credit valued at 125% of the fare paid or a cash refund to their original form of payment.
Norwegian is requesting to use their online form to make your refund option.
Future cruise credits will be issued by Friday, April 3, 2020 and can be applied anytime within one year of the issue date and toward any Norwegian Cruise Line voyage through December 31, 2022.
Credit card refunds can take up to 90 days to process.
Why Norwegian Made The Difficult Decision
Over the past few days, as it became increasingly clear that ships would probably not be returning to service as soon as expected, cruisers braced themselves for the bad news.
Royal Caribbean became the first to announce they were extending their suspension of services. Then Monday morning, both Carnival Cruise Line and MSC Cruises said their ships would not re-enter service until May 11 and May 29, respectively.
Tour Norwegian Encore
- Florida Governor: ‘We Want to See Cruise Ships Sail Again’
- Princess Delays Restart of Down Under Cruises Until May 2021
- Virgin Voyages Cancels Remaining 2020 Sailings
- Why Are Cruises To Nowhere Illegal in the USA?
- Carnival Begins Restaffing Ships in Hope of December Return
- CDC Issues Updated Cruise Warning as No-Sail Set To Expire
- What To Know Before Buying This $25,000 Cruise Ship Condo
- Maritime Law: The One Change That Could Save The Cruise Industry
- Timeline: 2020 Cruise Industry Shutdown
- Travel During A Pandemic: Disney Springs Hotel Stay
EDITORIAL4 days ago
The Controversial Technology That Could Change Cruising Forever
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Timeline: 2020 Cruise Industry Shutdown
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
CDC Issues Updated Cruise Warning as No-Sail Set To Expire
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Carnival Begins Restaffing Ships in Hope of December Return