Norwegian Cruise Line joined its competitors in announcing that their ships will not be welcoming guests until May 11. This also includes the company’s Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises brands.
The original plan had been to welcome guests back to Norwegian’s fleet of ships beginning on April 12, 2020.
Compensation and Refund Options
All guests affected will automatically receive their refund in the form of a future cruise credit valued at 125% of the fare paid or a cash refund to their original form of payment.
Norwegian is requesting to use their online form to make your refund option.
The refund form can be found here.
Future cruise credits will be issued by Friday, April 3, 2020 and can be applied anytime within one year of the issue date and toward any Norwegian Cruise Line voyage through December 31, 2022.
Credit card refunds can take up to 90 days to process.
Why Norwegian Made The Difficult Decision
Over the past few days, as it became increasingly clear that ships would probably not be returning to service as soon as expected, cruisers braced themselves for the bad news.
Royal Caribbean became the first to announce they were extending their suspension of services. Then Monday morning, both Carnival Cruise Line and MSC Cruises said their ships would not re-enter service until May 11 and May 29, respectively.
Tour Norwegian Encore
- Norwegian Cruise Line Addresses Ship-Selling Rumors
- Unpaid Crew Members File Lawsuit Against Cruise Line
- Norwegian Cruise Line Reveals Timeline, Details On Return
- 21 Haunting Images of Carnival Inspiration’s Final Day
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of August 2, 2020
- Mediterranean Cruises Resume From Italy On August 15
- Disney Cancels More Sailings, Axes Halloween on the High Seas
- In Memory of Stormin’ Norm, Everyone’s Favorite Cruiser
- Fresh Air HVAC System Could Make Cruise Ships Safer
- Cruise Podcast: Sit Down With Carnival Corporation CEO Arnold Donald
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
In Memory of Stormin’ Norm, Everyone’s Favorite Cruiser
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
21 Haunting Images of Carnival Inspiration’s Final Day
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Reveals Timeline, Details On Return
CRUISE NEWS17 hours ago
Unpaid Crew Members File Lawsuit Against Cruise Line