Norwegian Cruise Line joined its competitors in announcing that their ships will not be welcoming guests until May 11. This also includes the company’s Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises brands.
The original plan had been to welcome guests back to Norwegian’s fleet of ships beginning on April 12, 2020.
Compensation and Refund Options
All guests affected will automatically receive their refund in the form of a future cruise credit valued at 125% of the fare paid or a cash refund to their original form of payment.
Norwegian is requesting to use their online form to make your refund option.
Future cruise credits will be issued by Friday, April 3, 2020 and can be applied anytime within one year of the issue date and toward any Norwegian Cruise Line voyage through December 31, 2022.
Credit card refunds can take up to 90 days to process.
Why Norwegian Made The Difficult Decision
Over the past few days, as it became increasingly clear that ships would probably not be returning to service as soon as expected, cruisers braced themselves for the bad news.
Royal Caribbean became the first to announce they were extending their suspension of services. Then Monday morning, both Carnival Cruise Line and MSC Cruises said their ships would not re-enter service until May 11 and May 29, respectively.
Tour Norwegian Encore
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 19, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Port Overview: Portland, Maine
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Why Drink Packages May Be the Biggest Challenge Facing Cruising’s Resumption
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future