Norwegian Cruise Line has announced the final episode of its EMBARK — The Series web show.
The episode, entitled “Adventure Awaits,” will give viewers a front row seat to the west coast debut of Norwegian Encore as she began her first season of sailings to Alaska.
The journey began in Seattle, where Norwegian Cruise Line pioneered voyages to Alaska 21 years ago. For the first time in 17 months, the line’s shipboard team was finally able to welcome guests back onboard.
“From the beginning, we wanted to bring guests along on our Great Cruise Comeback journey,” said Harry Sommer, president and chief executive officer of Norwegian Cruise Line.
“Given the level of uncertainty over the last several months many of us have been through, we wanted to reassure travelers that we were doing everything possible to provide the safest vacation experience, while also taking the time to elevate the onboard offerings. Through EMBARK – The Series we were able to demonstrate exactly how we were delivering on our commitment. This final episode is filled with so many emotions…and what comes through loud and clear is how excited guests and our crew are to be back out at sea with us.”
Norwegian Cruise Line resumed global cruise operations on July 25 when Norwegian Jade launched seven-night sailings in the Greek Isles.
Norwegian Encore was the first Norwegian ship in the U.S. to resume cruising on August 7. On August 15, Norwegian Gem resumed sailings from Miami, setting sail from Norwegian’s new terminal at PortMiami.
Norwegian Epic resumed voyages from Barcelona on September 5, and most recently Norwegian Getaway relaunched from Rome.
Currently, Norwegian Cruise Line is still requiring that all passengers and crew be fully vaccinated. This mandate will run through at least December 31.
- Carnival Cruise Line Returns to Two More Caribbean Islands
- Cruise Line Rolls Out Sports Betting in Recent App Update
- Carnival Cruise Line Returns to Princess Cays
- Final Thoughts: 9 Pros and Cons of Majestic Princess
- Cruise News Today — October 18, 2021 [VIDEO]
- MSC Will Pay River Cruise Line $2.7 Million After 2019 Collision
- Tampa Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 19 Months
- 9 Freebies on Cruise Ships
- Third U.S. Based Princess Cruise Ship Resumes Service
- Carnival Raises Nearly $300,000 in 3 Months For St. Jude