Norwegian Cruise Line has received two 2012 Reader’s Choice Awards from Travel Weekly, an influential news resource in the travel industry, for the second year in a row.
At the 10th annual awards, held December 13, 2012, at the Plaza Hotel in New York City, Norwegian was recognized with the award for “Best Overall Cruise Ship” for Norwegian Epic and “Best Travel Agent Program” for NCL University, the line’s comprehensive travel agent education and resource program. This is the second consecutive year that Norwegian has been honored with these awards.
“We are absolutely thrilled to receive two prestigious Travel Weekly Reader’s Choice awards once again,” said Kevin Sheehan, chief executive officer for Norwegian Cruise Line. “As these awards are voted on by travel agents across the country, it is an honor to have the support and confidence in our brand from our valued travel partners. This is a great accomplishment for the Norwegian team and we will continue to offer our partners and guests the best products and service.”
The Travel Weekly Reader’s Choice Awards are designed to honor the best in the travel industry, recognizing a broad range of segments including hotels and resorts, travel destinations, cruise lines, online travel, airlines and airports, travel agents and agencies and car rental companies.
“These awards identify the industry’s finest,” said Arnie Weissmann, Travel Weekly’s editor in chief. “The professionals who read and rely on Travel Weekly have the expertise to select those businesses, destinations and hotels that provide a higher level of service to their clients. Our readers can be confident that these winners represent the best this industry has to offer.
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- Cruise News Today — January 17, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Delays Return of West Coast Ship, Cancels Four Sailings
- Spain to Require Booster Shots For U.S. Visitors
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 9, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 15, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Opts Into CDC’s Voluntary COVID-19 Program
- CDC’s Conditional Sail Order Now Voluntary — What Happens Next?
- Norwegian Ends Cruise Mid-Voyage, Ship Returns to New York City
- Looking Back: Ten Years After Costa Concordia
- Cruise News Today — January 14, 2022 [VIDEO]