The South Florida social media community and Norwegian Cruise Lines are teaming up to give passengers the first ever tweet up at sea or “SeaTweetup Cruise.” In case you’re wondering what a tweet-up is, it’s when twitter members meet in person and put a face with an internet name.
The SeaTweetup Cruise will depart from Miami on November 18, on the 2,002 passenger Norwegian Sky and head for the Caribbean for a three-night weekend. The cruise will allow passengers a chance to take part in social media seminars, on-board networking, marketing panels, discussions, while allowing their twitter followers to live vicariously.
Passengers will have access to the ship’s WiFi network and port events. Just because you have access to the WiFi network doesn’t mean it’s free.
A company spokeswoman told us, ” While in port for 6 hours in Miami there will be cell phone service and planned Tweeting activities. In Nassau, we will have free WiFi at a land-based location for a couple of hours. So there will be at least 8 hours of available time to tweet during the event, and for those who would like to tweet more there is WiFi available to purchase.”
For more information on the first SeaTweeup cruise on board Norwegian Sky follow @SeaTweetup and Norwegian @NCLFreestyle on Twitter and include hashtag #SeaTweetup.
Rates start at $301.32 per person which isn’t the cheapest sailing out of Miami that day but if you add in the activities, the value is there.
For more details you can check out NCL.com.
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: Carnival Magic Review