Norwegian Cruise Line has announced they’ve partnered with the Guy Harvey Ocean Foundation (GHOF) and Nova Southeastern University’s Guy Harvey Research Institute to host an ocean conservation-themed cruise.
Departing October 21 from Miami aboard Norwegian Escape, guests will be able to meet marine artist Guy Harvey himself and participate in activities about ocean conservation and education. They’ll listen in on expert-led discussions about conservation and shark tagging and tracking – including the making of a shark documentary – enjoy live painting with Guy, and more. Each day will have a theme, from “Guy Harvey Day” to “Save Our Sharks” and more.
- History of Guy Harvey with Guy and Jessica Harvey – Guy will take guests through a photo tour of his childhood in Jamaica and discuss how a marine biologist became one of the world’s top marine wildlife artists. His daughter Jessica will talk about growing up on, and under, the water with her father.
- Documenting Guy’s Expeditions with George Schellenger – GHOF videographer and producer George Schellenger will talk about life on the water with Guy, documenting his research and expeditions. From hooking into 1,000 lb marlin to fending off angry mako sharks, learn firsthand what it’s like to be the guy behind Guy.
- Intro to Sharks with Mahmood Shivji – Dr. Mahmood Shivji, a professor and research scientist from NSU, and the Director of NSU’s Guy Harvey Research Institute gives an introduction to sharks, highlighting the diversity of shark species, their unique biology, and the overfishing issues that are threatening them.
Those looking to spend some time in the casino can participate in the Guy Harvey Ocean Foundation slot tournament, where the funds from the buy-in will benefit the foundation’s research and conservation initiatives. All attendees on the sailing will also receive Guy Harvey swag with unique items, including a special issue of the Guy Harvey Magazine.
About Norwegian Escape
Featuring Guy Harvey’s beautiful work on her hull, Escape is the largest ship in the Norwegian fleet. On this voyage, guests will set sail for St. Thomas, Tortola, and Nassau. The ship features 27 dining options, 21 bars and lounges, a ropes course, aqua park, and dedicated adults and kids-only spaces.
For more information on the special sailing, visit ncl.com/guyharvey.
- Bookings Open on Miami’s Next MSC Cruise Ship
- Cruise News Today — January 18, 2022 [VIDEO]
- U.S. River Line Orders 12 Small Cruise Ships
- Carnival Cruise Director Accepts Promotion, is Leaving Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — January 17, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Delays Return of West Coast Ship, Cancels Four Sailings
- Spain to Require Booster Shots For U.S. Visitors
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 9, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 15, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Opts Into CDC’s Voluntary COVID-19 Program