Happy (upcoming) birthday, Norwegian Cruise Line!
2016 marks fifty years since the Sunward made her first voyage from Miami to the Caribbean on December 19, 1966. Today, the company has 14 purpose-built ships sailing to over 300 destinations around the world. To celebrate the golden milestone, Norwegian has announced their #NorwegiansFirst50 Anniversary Campaign.
Through the initiative, guests, travel partners, and current and past employees are encouraged to upload photos and stories to norwegiansfirst50.com which showcases a timeline of stories and photos from the brand’s first 50 years. Fans who upload to the site will have the chance to win a free cruise if they share their memories on their social media networks.
“We are celebrating fifty years of incredible moments aboard our ships and it’s the people – our guests, travel partners, team and crew members – who make our history so special. We wouldn’t be here today without their loyalty and dedication.” said Andy Stuart, President and CEO of Norwegian Cruise Line. “We invite everyone who has sailed with us…to share their favorite moments and celebrate our first fifty years.”
Those who wish to sail during the cruise line’s official 50th anniversary this December can book their stateroom now, joining the fun with 8-day cruises departing December 18 from New York City to Florida and the Bahamas aboard Norwegian Getaway; and from Tampa to the western Caribbean aboard Norwegian Jade. On December 19, guests can set sail from NYC aboard Norwegian Gem for a 10-day holiday cruise in the eastern Caribbean, and from Miami aboard Norwegian Pearl for a 10-day bucket list Panama Canal adventure.
The special anniversary sailings also offer a special holiday bonus of $100 onboard credit. It’s combinable with Norwegian’s Free at Sea offer, which will help guests make the best of their holiday on the ocean.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — May 18, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival President Tells NBC Nightly News They Still Plan on July Restart
- Another Carnival Corp. Ship Resumes Cruises From Italy
- CDC Eases Testing Requirements For Fully-Vaccinated Cruise Passengers
- New Norwegian Cruise Ship Boasts Record-Breaking Sales
- Royal Caribbean Pulls Odyssey Out Of Israel As Violence Increases
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Upcoming Mardi Gras’ Godmother
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of May 9, 2021
- 11 Popular Things To Do in Key West, Florida
- Disney Wish Tour: The Images That Will Leave You Breathless
DESTINATIONS5 days ago
5 Free Public Beaches in Nassau, Bahamas
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Why Florida’s Governor Just Insulted a Major Cruise Line
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Federal Court Judge To Decide On Florida’s Call For Injunction Over CDC Rules
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Carnival Sensation Arrives at US Port to Begin Crew Vaccinations [PHOTOS]