On January 6, 2013, Oceania Cruises marked its 10th anniversary, kicking off a year of special events, designated sailings, engaging social media initiatives and onboard celebrations.
Founded by cruise industry visionaries Frank Del Rio, Bob Binder and Joe Watters in 2003, the line’s mission was to deliver destination-rich itineraries, “best in class” cuisine, an inviting country club atmosphere, and luxurious accommodations all at an extraordinary value.
With the addition of Marina in 2011 and Riviera in 2012 to the fleet of Regatta (2003), Insignia (2004)and Nautica (2005), Oceania Cruises has built an entirely new segment of the industry with its elegant, award-winning, mid-size ships and exceptional personalized service.
Guests will have the opportunity to sail with company founders and top executives on four specially designated “Anniversary Sailings.” Each voyage will feature a different executive who will host an anniversary cocktail reception, celebratory caviar brunch and gala dinner with private label 10th anniversary wine served complimentary.
Anniversary sailings are:
- Marina’s 14-day Scandinavian Serenade departing from London to Stockholm on June 11, 2013 with Bob Binder. In addition to a 3-day stay in St. Petersburg, Russia, the cruise visits Amsterdam, Netherlands; Oslo, Norway; Copenhagen, Denmark; Berlin (Warnemunde), Germany; Riga, Latvia; Tallinn, Estonia and Helsinki, Finland.
- Riviera’s Italian Escapade with Kunal S. Kamlani, departs on July 3, 2013, from Rome for a 10-day voyage to Venice. Ports include Florence/Pisa/Tuscany (Livorno), Italy; Sorrento/Capri, Italy; Amalfi/Positano, Italy; Taormina (Sicily), Italy; Corfu, Greece; Kotor, Montenegro and Dubrovnik, Croatia.
- Regatta’s 7-day Coastal Alaska with Frank Del Rio on July 5, 2013 from Seattle to Seattle with calls at Ketchikan and Wrangell, Alaska; and Prince Rupert, Canada.
- Nautica’s Roman Legends with Joe Watters, departs September 6, 2013 for a 10-day voyage from Barcelona to Athens. Visits include Provence (Marseille), France; Portofino, Italy; Florence/Pisa/Tuscany (Livorno), Italy; Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy; Sorrento/Capri, Italy; Taormina (Sicily), Italy; Ephesus (Kusadasi), Turkey and Santorini, Greece.
The company will celebrate fleet-wide with a special 10th Anniversary dessert called ZEN, a Manjari Chocolate Bar with Milky Gianduja-Yuzu and Hazelnut Croquant featured in the Grand Dining Room and a menu of Canyon Ranch SpaClub® 10th anniversary treatments available on all ships.
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- 2022 State of the Cruise Industry Outlook Report Released
- Cruise News Today — January 28, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: Sky Princess Review + Cruise News
- Holland America Details Special Cruise For Rotterdam Naming
- World’s Largest Cruise Ship Delivered to Royal Caribbean
- Carnival Australia Restart Pushed Back to June
- Cruise News Today — January 27, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Recipe: Carnival’s Official Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
- Disney Cruise Line Details ‘Marvel Day at Sea’ 2023 Dates
- When Every Norwegian Cruise Line Ship Will Resume Sailing