On the seventh installment of Countdown to Koningsdam, Holland America Line showcases the arrival of crew and officers that will be working aboard ms Koningsdam when she sets sail next month. Hosted by the ship’s cruise director, Johnathan Rogers, this episode features hotel director Stan Kuppens, who talks about the arrival of the crew to Fincantieri shipyard, loading supplies onboard and preparing the ship for delivery.
When it sets sail, the Koningsdam will have 1,036 officers and crew, and approximately 350 of those employees will be at the shipyard in Italy before delivery. In addition to loading supplies on the ship, crew members are also helping with cabin inspections, washing linens, and are being fitted with uniforms. All crew and officers will be onboard before delivery in anticipation of the Premiere Voyage on April 8.
To watch this video as well as past episodes, click here. The final upcoming videos in the series will feature the Music Walk entertainment area, and more details about dining aboard the ship.
- Overview: Visiting Bar Harbor, Maine on a Cruise
- 18 Photos of The Bimini Beach Club & What Cruisers Should Expect
- Review: Chibang! Chinese & Mexican Restaurant on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- 8 Tips, Hacks, and Ways to Save Money on a Carnival Cruise
- Cruise News Today — November 26, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Grand Cayman Reopens to First Cruise Ship in 20 Months
- Cruise News Today — November 25, 2021 [VIDEO]
- New MSC Seashore Arrives in Jamaica, Docks Beside Sister-Ship
- Cruise News Today — November 24, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Chef Emeril Lagasse Cuts Ribbon on New Carnival Cruise Restaurant