She’s starting to take shape! The 4,000-guest Norwegian Getaway is being painted in Meyer Werft Shipyard in Papenburg, Germany.
Artists at Meyer Werft are currently busy applying David “LEBO” LeBatard’s design to the ship’s hull. The painting process is expected to take two months to complete.
Norwegian Getaway wil debut winter 2014 and operating year-round Caribbean service from Port Miami. Her sister ship, Norwegian Breakaway, debuted this past May in New York City where she offers Bermuda and Bahamas sailings.
photo credit: Norwegian Cruise Line
Subscribe to our Cruise Updates.
- New Royal Caribbean Ship Features Southern Dining, 20+ Restaurants
- Uncertain Future For Crystal Cruises as Parent Company Sinks Under Debt
- Holland America Extends Cancellation Policy through September 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 19, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Bookings Open on Miami’s Next MSC Cruise Ship
- Cruise News Today — January 18, 2022 [VIDEO]
- U.S. River Line Orders 12 Small Cruise Ships
- Carnival Cruise Director Accepts Promotion, is Leaving Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — January 17, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Delays Return of West Coast Ship, Cancels Four Sailings