Chef Jose Mendin, known for his Pubbelly Restaurant Group concepts, announced a new digital cookbook today in partnership with Norwegian Cruise Line. Food Republic by Jose Mendin is available for download on iTunes, and features 30 dishes for the home cook, inspired by flavors from far away places.
The 47-page book takes a journey through Mendin’s pantry, highlighting the best-selling recipes from the many concepts the restaurant group has created. The book itself is named after Food Republic, a small-plate concept venue aboard Norwegian Escape – the group’s first at-sea venture.
“My food is both rich and worldly…I want my food to act as an instrument to embrace social interaction and not compromise the cherished time we get to spend with our loved ones. The recipes I’ve created foster this mantra – they are quick, easy, and encourage conversation.” says Mendin.
International photographer Juan Fernando captured stunning images of Mendin’s multi-ethnic recipes, including dumplings, tapas, noodles, sushi, rice and soups, grilled foods, and desserts. Among the 30 dishes in the book, readers can make favorites like:
- Hamachi Taquitos
- Pubbelly Dates with Chorizo
- Kimchee Fried Rice
- Short Rib Dumplings
- Butter Crab Rolls
Chef Mendin’s food pays respect to traditional Puerto Rican cuisine – he was born there. In his approach to the culinary arts, he also fuses Asian, Spanish, European, and new American influences to create dishes that are all his own. He’s considered a culinary ambassador of Miami with acknowledgements from Food & Wine, Travel + Leisure, Departures, and Bloomberg News. He’s also been nominated for “Best Chef South” by the James Beard Foundation for five years in a row.
Get Your Copy
Food Republic by Jose Mendin is his first digital cookbook, and can be downloaded for $1.99 on iTunes through the publisher’s app, Colors & Flavors.
Image: Norwegian Cruise Line
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — May 18, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival President Tells NBC Nightly News They Still Plan on July Restart
- Another Carnival Corp. Ship Resumes Cruises From Italy
- CDC Eases Testing Requirements For Fully-Vaccinated Cruise Passengers
- New Norwegian Cruise Ship Boasts Record-Breaking Sales
- Royal Caribbean Pulls Odyssey Out Of Israel As Violence Increases
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Upcoming Mardi Gras’ Godmother
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of May 9, 2021
- 11 Popular Things To Do in Key West, Florida
- Disney Wish Tour: The Images That Will Leave You Breathless
DESTINATIONS5 days ago
5 Free Public Beaches in Nassau, Bahamas
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Why Florida’s Governor Just Insulted a Major Cruise Line
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Federal Court Judge To Decide On Florida’s Call For Injunction Over CDC Rules
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Carnival Sensation Arrives at US Port to Begin Crew Vaccinations [PHOTOS]