Port Canaveral was named “Best Cruise Port” in Global Traveler magazine’s annual readers’ survey and awarded the 2019 Leisure Lifestyle Award.
The Central Florida port currently homeports Disney Cruise Line, Carnival Cruise Line, Royal Caribbean, and Norwegian Cruise Lines ships year-round, as well as a port-of-call stop.
On May 27, 2019, six cruise ships stopped at the Florida port, embarking and disembarking over 35,100 cruise guests in one day.
A lot of guests do a pre- or post-cruise stay in Florida since the port is centrally located, often times pairing it with visits to NASA, Disney World or Universal Studios.
In March, Carnival Cruise Line and the Carnival Port Authority celebrated the exciting groundbreaking of their brand-new, “out of this world” Port Canaveral terminal — set to be completed by May 2020 — with a space-themed ceremony.
Earlier this month, Disney Cruise Line signed a 20-year agreement with Port Canaveral, bringing more ships and guests to the Florida port.
Port Canaveral hosts more than 4.5 million revenue cruise passengers through its state-of-the-art terminals and more than 6 million tons of cargo annually.
- 180 Day Bucket-List Cruise Setting Sail in 2022
- Weather Delays Impact Two Carnival Cruises
- Cruise Line Sued Over Bed Bug Infestation
- Viking Ocean Cruises is Launching an Expedition Brand
- Viking Ocean Ship Christened in Unique Ceremony
- 10 Scenic Destinations for a Holiday in the Midst of the Deep Blue Sea
- Carnival Ship Skips Two Ports and Makes Unexpected Stop
- The Cruiser’s Guide To Alaskan Train Rides
- Ketchikan Cruise Port Guide and Information
- Visiting Denali National Park and Preserve in Alaska
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Ship Skips Two Ports and Makes Unexpected Stop
CRUISE NEWS22 hours ago
Weather Delays Impact Two Carnival Cruises
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Cruise Line Sued Over Bed Bug Infestation
BEFORE YOU CRUISE4 days ago
Visiting Denali National Park and Preserve in Alaska
BEFORE YOU CRUISE3 days ago
Ketchikan Cruise Port Guide and Information
BEFORE YOU CRUISE2 days ago
The Cruiser’s Guide To Alaskan Train Rides
CRUISE NEWS11 hours ago
180 Day Bucket-List Cruise Setting Sail in 2022
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Viking Ocean Cruises is Launching an Expedition Brand