The Port of Galveston seems to be doing pretty well this summer.
Last month, a record-setting number of cruise guests boarded ships at the Texan port, and officials predict this summer will surpass last year’s numbers. Over 90,000 people embarked on cruise vacations with Royal Caribbean and Carnival in July.
Carnival Freedom is operating two different western Caribbean itineraries and one Bahamas itinerary out of the port this year. Carnival Breeze is offering week-long eastern Caribbean itineraries year-round.
Disney Wonder is operating a Bahamas itinerary out of Galveston, and Royal Caribbean’s Liberty of the Seas has been offering western Caribbean voyages as well.
- New Royal Caribbean Ship Features Southern Dining, 20+ Restaurants
- Uncertain Future For Crystal Cruises as Parent Company Sinks Under Debt
- Holland America Extends Cancellation Policy through September 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 19, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Bookings Open on Miami’s Next MSC Cruise Ship
- Cruise News Today — January 18, 2022 [VIDEO]
- U.S. River Line Orders 12 Small Cruise Ships
- Carnival Cruise Director Accepts Promotion, is Leaving Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — January 17, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Delays Return of West Coast Ship, Cancels Four Sailings