I received an email last night asking about the port of Jacksonville so I thought I would share my response.
The port of Jacksonville is a great port, easy to find, and your no longer than 15 min from the airport. The port is five minutes off a major beltway (SR-9A) and the average cab fare from the airport to the cruise terminal is approx 20-25 dollars. If you do drive your car, pier parking runs ten dollars per day. Carnival Cruise Lines also offers a shuttle for a nominal fee.
Right now we have a carnival cruise line ship the fascination in port and we may have it for a while. Carnival cruise lines just extended the port lease til May 2011.
The Holiday Inn is a brand new hotel that is a stones throw away from the port. Being so close allows you to take advantage of that 11 am check-out time My suggestion if you plan on staying there book as soon as you confirm your itinerary. It fills fast. The rates are affordable too at about 79.00 per night. There is a Wendy’s fast food joint in the parking lot and you are about 10 minutes from the mall and major chain stores and restaurants. You are just minutes away from the Jacksonville Zoo, the beaches, and the Jacksonville Landing ( a river front mall with food court).
Once aboard the ship enjoy the cruise to the ocean. Our port is 12 miles from the cruise terminal to the mouth of the St. Johns River. It will take about an hour to reach the ocean passing a shrimping village and cargo ship ports. Take pictures of the ship ride out and enjoy your cruise.
When you return, taxi’s will be lined up against the pier.
I hope this gave you a little insight.
- Bookings Open on Miami’s Next MSC Cruise Ship
- Cruise News Today — January 18, 2022 [VIDEO]
- U.S. River Line Orders 12 Small Cruise Ships
- Carnival Cruise Director Accepts Promotion, is Leaving Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — January 17, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Delays Return of West Coast Ship, Cancels Four Sailings
- Spain to Require Booster Shots For U.S. Visitors
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 9, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 15, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Opts Into CDC’s Voluntary COVID-19 Program