Princess Cruises has announced their fourth Culinary Cruise featuring food journalist Bill Esparza. The voyage will depart Los Angeles aboard Royal Princess on March 22 and return on the 26th this year.
“I am honored to work with Princess Cruises to bring Mexican flavors and culture to life through authentic culinary programming,” said Bill Esparza. “Princess has a thoughtful approach to immersing guests in its destinations and connecting them to the culture and local food.”
Esparza is a recent James Beard award winner for his coverage of the LA taco scene in Los Angeles Magazine and is considered one of the country’s leading experts on Mexican food. A noted saxophone player, Esparza has traveled and eaten extensively throughout Mexico, Latin America, and obviously southern California.
Guests onboard will be able to enjoy special menus throughout the restaurants and bars, and learn valuable cuisine skills to bring home with them from the guest chef’s that will be onboard:
Sabina Bandera is the Queen of the Cart, La Guerrerense, whose tostadas de mariscos have been proclaimed among the best in the world by the “Sultan of Street Food” himself, Anthony Bourdain. Plain, simple, humble, and delicious have been La Guerrerense’s trademarks since she arrived at her food cart in Ensenada when she was 21 years old.
Named Food & Wine Best New Chef in 2015, Chef Carlos Salgado opened Taco María in 2013. He decided to honor his family’s legacy and culture by making Mexican-inspired food with a reverence for its origin. Using the best ingredients available and applying techniques he learned while working in Michelin-starred restaurants, Salgado works to create a Alta California cuisine that represents Mexican food by putting real corn at the foundation.
Guests will experience the best of the west coast on this four day, four port California-Mexico cruise. For more information, click here.
- Virgin Voyages Updating Cabins on Two Cruise Ships
- Chef Rudi Sodamin Named Princess’ Head of Culinary Arts
- New Residential Ship to Offer ‘Worldschooling’ Education Program
- Cruise News Today — January 24, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Explores $10 COVID-19 Testing Option for Shorter Cruises
- Cruise News Today — January 23, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 16, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant