Princess Cruises has announced their winners of the first ever “Discovery at Sea Tours of the Year” award. It honors the top tour operators doing shore excursions in partnership with their Discovery at Sea program. The winners were recognized during a ceremony aboard Royal Princess in Fort Lauderdale recently.
The Discovery and Animal Planet shore excursions debuted in Alaska and Europe in spring of last year. The excursions must be booked through Princess; they can’t be booked independently. Discovery and Animal Planet Recommended excursions provide immersive, once in a lifetime experiences that highlight the most fascinating animals around the world.
“The ‘Discovery at Sea Tours of the Year’ awards embody our partnership’s shared values and goals of providing Princess guests with culturally rich and immersive vacation experiences focused on adventure, exploration, knowledge and entertainment, while igniting their curiosity,” said Robert Marick, VP of licensing and global location based entertainment, Discovery Communications.
The “Tours of the Year” were the highest guest-ranked tours out of 295 options in Europe and Alaska, including:
- Discovery Recommended – Juneau
- Taku Lodge Feast & 5-Glacier Seaplane Discovery
- Tour Operator: Wings Airways
- Animal Planet Exclusive – Skagway
- Kroschel Wildlife Refuge
- Tour Operator: Chilkat River Adventures
- Discovery Exclusive – St. Petersburg
- Hermitage, Gold Room, Peterhof & Catherine
- Tour Operator: Arctur Travel LTD
- Discovery Recommended – Belfast
- Giant’s Causeway & Antrim Coast
- Tour Operator: Excursions Ireland
- Discovery Recommended – Naples
- Ultimate Bay of Naples: Pompeii, Positano, and Amalfi Coast
- Tour Operator: Aloschi Bros
These shore excursions launched in Europe and Alaska in spring of 2015. Now over 800 tours are available around the world, including in the Caribbean, Hawaii, and Mexico.