Subscribe to Cruise Radio News Daily Updates.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Earlier this week, Princess Cruises launched the availability of their Princess Luxury Bed for retail purchase – offering consumers the chance to bring their favorite at-sea bed home.
Developed in collaboration with sleep expert Dr. Michael Breus and HGTV designer Candice Olson, the bed combines the science of sleep with the height of luxury design. Princess is currently rolling out over 44,000 of the beds to every room across their fleet, and the process should be completed in 2018. Consumers are now able to buy the mattress, pillows, comforter, linens, mattress pads, and toppers online at princessluxurybed.com.
The bed features:
- A two inch pillow-top atop a medium firm, nine-inch single-sided mattress for ultimate support
- Individually wrapped coils that reduce sleep-surface sway and motion transfer
- Circular-knitted mattress ticking for increased support in all sleeping positions, conforming to the body for deeper sleep
- Full foam casing for greater edge support
Candice Olson chose various bedding elements as well, including:
- Fine bed linens featuring undulated waves and the natural shape of a pearl on a satin finish to echo the jewels of the sea, constructed from cotton on Jacquard looms
- European-inspired duvet with a continuous-filament fiberfill of hypoallergenic virgin polyester to maximize loft without compromising comfort
- King-sized pillow with options: feature or non-allergenic microfiber
Mattresses start at $999, and a complete bed with linens starts at $1,799. It can currently only be shipped to the contiguous United States.