Princess Cruises is set to have an amazing European cruising season next year in 2017. It will showcase top-rated itineraries and include the cruise line’s new “Global Partners + Local Experts” program, which will enrich guests’ vacation experience and deepen their knowledge of the destinations.
The 2017 cruises to Europe will include the inaugural sailings of Princess’ newest ship, Majestic Princess. The season features six ships sailing to 119 destinations – from the Mediterranean to the northernmost parts of Europe. There will be 64 unique itineraries on 153 cruise departures, visiting 27 countries. Majestic Princess will debut in April, and will do a series of 5-28 day sailings in the Mediterranean from Barcelona, Athens, and Rome.
The new “Global Partners + Local Experts” program aims to inspire guests by sharing the passion the company’s port partners have for their destination. The experts know their destination best, and they will share their thoughts, experiences, and recommendations for the places that they call home. Also featured are local onboard speakers, new tours, port guides and walking maps, and an insider’s guide on neat things made in each port.
Highlights of the 2017 European program include:
- Majestic Princess – The newest Princess ship will debut in Rome on April 4, 2017 for a five-day Adriatic Sea voyage stopping in Kotor and Corfu. She will then sail a series of 7, 14, 21, and 28-day Mediterranean voyages departing Barcelona, Athens, and Rome from April 9 to May 14.
- Mediterranean Cruises – In addition to Majestic Princess, Royal Princess features new 11-day Grand Mediterranean and 10-day Western Mediterranean combinable for a 21-day Grand Mediterranean Collection, as well as 7, 14, 21, and 28-day sailings throughout the Mediterranean Sea.
- Scandinavia & Russia Cruises – Regal Princess, along with Pacific and Crown Princess will sail cruises to Scandinavia and Russia, offering an overnight in St. Petersburg with departures from London or Copenhagen. A new Pacific Princess Baltic Heritage itinerary includes overnights in Stockholm and St. Petersburg, sailing from London.
- British Isles Cruises – The line’s biggest British Isles season ever will be during the 2017 season. There will be 12 departures on Caribbean Princess and two on Pacific Princess, including last night stays in Edinburgh, offering the chance to visit the Edinburgh Military Tattoo on select sailings. All 12-day British Isles cruises include a late evening stay in Belfast, and an option of an overnight in Dublin on select departures from London.
New Ports of Call
Maiden ports of call in summer 2017 will be in Haugesund, Norway; Oban, Scotland; Siracusa, Italy; Ulvik, Norway; and St. Tropez, France.
- Iceland & Norway Cruises – Crown and Pacific Princess will both offer North Cape voyages to the Arctic Circle during the peak midnight sun period around the summer solstice. Crown Princess will also visit the Norwegian fjords, and Pacific Princess will feature a maiden call in Haugesund. Pacific Princess will also offer 14-day Iceland and Norway itineraries visiting lesser-known ports in Iceland and the Shetland Islands. She will also cross to the land of fire and ice on a transatlantic passage featuring Iceland.
- European Land & Sea Vacations – There will be five unique options for land and sea vacations. Choices include Paris and the French Countryside; Ireland’s Ring of Kerry; Classic Italy; Imperial Treasures of Budapest, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin; and Swiss Splendors featuring the beauty of Interlaken and Lucrene, as well as a scenic boat trip on Lake Como.
All 2017 Europe itineraries are open for booking.