Recently at the Hudson Theater in New York City Princess Cruises announced a new partnership with Oscar Winning Composer Stephen Schwartz.
Who is Stephen Schwartz?
After I researched Stephen’s name and accomplishments, I felt really stupid. This guy rocks; he has had a 40-year career on Broadway, is a three-time Oscar winner, won four Grammy’s, and three Academy Awards. Needless to say this is going to be a pretty cool partnership. You can’t walk around Broadway without being impacted by him in one way or another. Wicked and Disney are just two examples of the many productions he has worked on.
To add to the celebrity status, Jill Whelan (Vicki Stubing from The Love Boat) was the master of ceremonies.
In this partnership, Princess Cruises and Stephen Schwartz are creating four new shows to put on their ships. The first show is going to be an illusion show called Magic to Do. The show will combine magic and new songs written exclusively for Princess.
- Crown Princess, Fall 2015
- Emerald Princess
- Ruby Princess
Hear the Broadcast
[smart_track_player url=”https://traffic.libsyn.com/cruiseradioshow/PRINCESS_NYC_MIX_AU.mp3″ title=”Princess Cruises Stephen Schwarz Partnership” artist=”Cruise Radio” ]
I’ve been to a couple of shows before, one on broadway and one off broadway. They’ve never really appealed to me until I sat through this yesterday. To me, sitting in the Hudson Theater listening to Stephen play Disney songs that he composed and wrote struck a couple nerves. Being a huge Disney fan, I felt like I was watching Elton John perform.
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 16, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]