Princess Cruises has announced that Island Princess will be the fourth cruise ship in the fleet to receive the Ocean Medallion technology. The wearable device will enable guests to achieve a further level of personalization for their cruise vacation, and will debut aboard on May 16, 2018: just in time for the Alaska season.
Unveiled last month by Carnival Corporation, Princess Cruises is the company’s first brand to receive the brand-new innovation. Island Princess joins three other ships scheduled to receive the tech: Regal Princess on November 13, 2017, followed by Royal and Caribbean Princess in early 2018. The first Medallion class Alaska voyage for Island Princess will set sail for a seven-day between Vancouver and Anchorage.
Some of the initial capabilities of the Ocean Medallion technology will be:
- Ocean Ready: expedites embarkation, as required information is added to the guest profile at home
- Stateroom Access: the Ocean Medallion will unlock guests’ stateroom doors, replacing the key card
- Here & Now: guests can place food and beverage orders and have them delivered to select locations
For more information on the Ocean Medallion, click here.
- Everything You Need To Know About MSC Cruises
- Cruise News Today — January 25, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Disney Cruise Line to Offer ‘Pixar Day at Sea’ on Select 2023 Sailings
- Carnival Jubilee Cruise Bookings Open For Sale
- Carnival Liberty Resumes Sailing From Port Canaveral
- Virgin Voyages Updating Cabins on Two Cruise Ships
- Chef Rudi Sodamin Named Princess’ Head of Culinary Arts
- New Residential Ship to Offer ‘Worldschooling’ Education Program
- Cruise News Today — January 24, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Explores $10 COVID-19 Testing Option for Shorter Cruises