Princess Cruises’ blog, “Linked by the Sea” has chronicled its second series of five stories of people who made new connections on a cruise. The new tales include a romantic love story, a case of mistaken identity that led to new friends, and a group brought together by having the same name.
Each week the blog, found at LinkedByTheSea.com, will illustrate how a cruise not only offers a relaxing retreat from which to explore the world, but often includes the discovery of new friends that lead to meaningful or lifelong relationships. Both passengers and crew tell about people they connect with at sea.
“Linked by the Sea” stories 6-10 are:
Turndown Chocolates in Reverse – Passenger Vickie Bowne and her husband, Bernie, have found that treating the crew opens the doors to great friendships, in particular one with Captain’s Circle Host Peter John.
Six Bobs and Counting – Passengers Pamela Hayes and her husband, Bob, were surprised to find two other men named Bob at their dinner table aboard Sea Princess. They were even more surprised that they all clicked and now travel together with a group of “Bobs” that has grown to six.
Is that Simon Cowell? – Passenger Lyne Tremblay thought she saw Simon Cowell on a cruise, but instead met new friends Ray and Lisa, who have become frequent traveling companions.
Super Fans of Arny G – Princess entertainer Arny G. inspired passenger Judy Odell and her husband to become world travelers as they cruise often to enjoy his performances.
Crazy, Lucky Love – Passenger Tracey Pettit tells a romantic story of how she met her future husband aboard Regal Princess, and knew immediately that she would marry him.
Blog readers are encouraged to share their own “Linked by the Sea” stories through the blog as well. Submissions to linkedbythesea.com/share-your-
Subscribe to our Cruise Updates.
- Carnival Cruise Director Accepts Promotion, is Leaving Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — January 17, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Delays Return of West Coast Ship, Cancels Four Sailings
- Spain to Require Booster Shots For U.S. Visitors
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 9, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 15, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Opts Into CDC’s Voluntary COVID-19 Program
- CDC’s Conditional Sail Order Now Voluntary — What Happens Next?
- Norwegian Ends Cruise Mid-Voyage, Ship Returns to New York City
- Looking Back: Ten Years After Costa Concordia