More Princess cruises have officially been canceled in Australia and New Zealand.
The line announced today that it has extended its pause for the region due to the uncertainty around the return of cruising there. As a result of the pause extension, Coral Princess sailings through January 17, 2022 are now canceled, and Royal Princess and Sapphire Princess cruises are canceled through to March 2022.
“It became apparent we would not be able to deliver planned deployment of Royal Princess and Sapphire Princess in Australia before they were due to start their published northern hemisphere voyages,” said Deanna Austin, Princess Cruises Chief Commercial Officer.
“We recognize that guests planning cruises over the popular summer and new year holiday period will be particularly disappointed with the changes, however, we wanted to give guests as much notice as possible so they could plan their holidays with certainty.”
Those who were booked on voyages that are now canceled will have the option to move to an equivalent cruise in the future. The rebooking process will have the benefit of protecting the guests’ fare on their replacement cruise.
Alternatively, passengers will be able to choose a future cruise credit equivalent to 100 percent of the cruise fare paid, plus an additional non-refundable bonus future cruise credit equal to 10 percent of the cruise fare paid. A full refund to the original form of payment is a third option.
Requests must be received through this online form by October 31, 2021. If guests do not fill out the form by that date, they will automatically receive the future cruise credit option.
Future cruise credits may be used on any sailings booked by December 31, 2022 and sailing by April 30, 2023.
- Carnival Cruise Line Returns to Two More Caribbean Islands
- Cruise Line Rolls Out Sports Betting in Recent App Update
- Carnival Cruise Line Returns to Princess Cays
- Final Thoughts: 9 Pros and Cons of Majestic Princess
- Cruise News Today — October 18, 2021 [VIDEO]
- MSC Will Pay River Cruise Line $2.7 Million After 2019 Collision
- Tampa Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 19 Months
- 9 Freebies on Cruise Ships
- Third U.S. Based Princess Cruise Ship Resumes Service
- Carnival Raises Nearly $300,000 in 3 Months For St. Jude