The Sanctuary, which debuted in 2006 aboard Crown Princess, was an instant success as it gave passengers the perfect place to take a relaxing break and indulge in a private getaway with plush seating, massage cabanas, signature beverages, light meals, attentive service by “serenity stewards” and soothing personal entertainment.
To make room for the newest Sanctuary, the sports court on Sapphire Princess was relocated to a new space on top of Skywalkers nightclub. This new area high atop the ship also offers extra lounge chairs and dramatic ocean views.
The installation of The Sanctuary on Sapphire Princess marked the beginning of a transformation for the ship, which will receive many more Princess hallmark features when it goes into drydock from January 7 to February 4, 2012. During this extensive revitalization, the ship will receive the signature Piazza atrium with its International Café and Vines wine bar; the line’s second “Alfredo’s” pizzeria which was introduced earlier this year aboard Grand Princess; and the distinctive Movies Under the Stars poolside movie screen.
Source: Princess Cruises
- Virgin Voyages Updating Cabins on Two Cruise Ships
- Chef Rudi Sodamin Named Princess’ Head of Culinary Arts
- New Residential Ship to Offer ‘Worldschooling’ Education Program
- Cruise News Today — January 24, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Explores $10 COVID-19 Testing Option for Shorter Cruises
- Cruise News Today — January 23, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 16, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant