Princess Cruises celebrated the New York premiere of “Born to Dance,” the latest in their partnership with award-winning composer Stephen Schwartz. Joining Schwartz aboard Regal Princess for the premiere was director/creator Daniel C. Levin (Les Miserables, Mamma Mia!).
“Born to Dance” celebrates the aspirations, hurdles, and triumphs of professional dancers, as told through tributes to Broadway’s greatest choreography. Princess audiences get a glimpse of what it takes to be a dancer, from the highs and lows and that need to dance brought to live by some of Broadway’s most famous hits, including “West Side Story,” “A Chorus Line,” “Chicago,” and more. Acclaimed choreographers and dancers virtually join the production, tracing the journey of the great artists and shows that made musical theater history.
Overseeing the creative development of four shows for Princess Cruises, Schwartz brings together an illustrious team of Broadway talent to support the productions. “Born to Dance” is created and directed by Levine, and is now showing on Golden Princess, Grand Princess, Star Princess, and Regal Princess.
- Australia Picks Up Displaced Princess Cruise Ship
- Cruise Line Employee Celebrates 50 Years at Sea
- First Time Royal Caribbean Cruise Guide
- 5 Things to Do in Costa Maya, Mexico
- Cruise Line Continues Screening for Coronavirus, Cancels Voyage
- 11 Ways to Decorate Your Stateroom Door
- Photo Tour: MSC Divina
- Social Media Helps Cruise Lines Secure a Younger Market
- Richard Branson’s Adults-Only Cruise Ship is Delivered
- Cruise Port Guide: What to Do in Astoria, Oregon