Princess Cruises announced today that they will expand their wearable technology program, Ocean Medallion, to three more ships in the fleet by 2018.
- Ruby Princess (January 2019)
- Crown Princess (November 2018)
- Golden Princess (November 2018)
These ships join four other Princess ships scheduled to debut Ocean Medallion Vacations — Regal Princess on November 13, 2017, followed by Royal Princess on January 19, 2018, Caribbean Princess on March 18, 2018 and Island Princess on May 16, 2018.
Ocean Medallion includes:
- Expedites embarkation as required information is added to the guest profile at home.
- The Ocean Medallion will unlock a guest’s stateroom door – replacing the key card.
- Guests can place food and beverage orders and have them delivered to select locations.
- There & Then: Guests can place select food and beverage orders and have them delivered to where they plan to be at a designated time.
- Accessed through the Ocean Compass, guests can learn the whereabouts of their family as they enjoy activities throughout the ship and be guided seamlessly in finding their way around the ship. Friends and family will also be able to easily communicate with each other through a messaging service.