Princess Cruises has announced a new partnership with three-Michelin star Chef Emmanuel Renaut. The partnership will produce the cruise line’s next specialty restaurant concept, called ‘La Mer – A French Bistro by Emmanuel Renaut’, which will debut aboard Majestic Princess when the ship launches next year.
Emmanuel Renaut is the Executive Chef of three Michelin star restaurant “Flocons de Sel,” located in the French Alps village of Megève. Flocons de Sel was awarded its third star in 2012, having earned its first in 2004 and second in 2006. Before establishing the restaurant in 1998, Chef Renaut cooked in Paris and London.
Offering an authentic, yet updated Parisian bistro experience at La Mer, the chef is also creating a fine dining dinner menu featuring authentic French cuisine with a modern twist – including favorites from his Flocons Bistrot menu, as well as some exclusive new concepts. The specialty dinner will include a nominal cover charge, but lunch and breakfast will be complimentary.
Located in the lively atrium, La Mer has been designed by Jeffrey Beers International – a world leader in hospitality architecture and design. The space will combine French style and authentic Parisian details with stunning sea views through floor to ceiling windows.
Majestic Princess will debut on April 4, 2017 and set on her inaugural five-day Adriatic Sea cruise from Rome. After several other voyages, the ship will reposition on May 21, visiting Dubai and Singapore before arriving in her new home – Shanghai, China.
- Overview: Visiting Bar Harbor, Maine on a Cruise
- 18 Photos of The Bimini Beach Club & What Cruisers Should Expect
- Review: Chibang! Chinese & Mexican Restaurant on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- 8 Tips, Hacks, and Ways to Save Money on a Carnival Cruise
- Cruise News Today — November 26, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Grand Cayman Reopens to First Cruise Ship in 20 Months
- Cruise News Today — November 25, 2021 [VIDEO]
- New MSC Seashore Arrives in Jamaica, Docks Beside Sister-Ship
- Cruise News Today — November 24, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Chef Emeril Lagasse Cuts Ribbon on New Carnival Cruise Restaurant