Subscribe to Cruise Radio News Daily Updates.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Princess Cruises has announced that it will homeport four ships in Australia, New Zealand, and the South Pacific for the 2018-2019 season. The line will introduce the brand new Majestic Princess to the market for its inaugural season, calling Australia home from September 2018 to March 2019. As the newest member of the fleet, the ship will sail from Sydney and Auckland on 6 to 13-day voyages calling in destinations like New Zealand, Tasmania, Fiji, and other South Pacific islands.
The four ships will sail from six ports on over 95 departures to 70 destinations. Booking is now open, and some of the sailings include:
- Majestic Princess – 19 and 22-day Asia & Australia cruises departing from Shanghai in March 2019.
- All four ships will sail to New Zealand on cruises ranging from 11-14 days.
- Sun Princess operates 13 roundtrip departures from Sydney to New Zealand, Fiji, Tasmania, and Queensland, as well as a 19-day Asia & Australia voyage from Hong Kong to Sydney.
- A maiden call to Moreton Island, which is just off the Queensland coast and is one of the world’s largest sand islands. This call is included on the 4-day Sun Princess Australia Getaway departing on January 5, 2019.
- Sea Princess will make maiden calls to the Conflict Islands on her 11-day Papua New Guinea itineraries sailing from Brisbane.
- Longer options on Sea Princess include the full 28-day Round Australia which circumnavigates the continent, as well as a popular 35-day Hawaii, Tahiti, & South Pacific voyage in April 2019.
Princess Cruises will also offer two cruisetours in Australia. The Australian Outback cruisetour immerses guests in Aboriginal culture while visiting two UNESCO World Heritage Sites – the Great Barrier Reef and Ayers Rock in Uluru National Park. The more extensive Ultimate Australia cruisetour includes Ayers Rock, the Great Barrier Reef, the northern tropical city of Darwin, and Cairns.