Princess Cruises’ guests have spoken, and they have crowned this year’s “Entertainer of the Year.” Cruisers aboard Caribbean Princess voted for their favorite finalist out of four, after watching them perform during the cruise. The record-breaking number of guests cast their votes, and Nathan Foley was given the top Princess entertainment honor.
The guests aboard the March 6 cruise to the Bahamas enjoyed live performances from each finalist. The finalists were chosen by the Princess Cruises entertainment department, based on onboard audience response and guest surveys for their singers, magicians, comedians, tribute bands, and novelty performers. Nathan was announced as the winner on the final night of the cruise at a celebratory event in The Piazza.
Australia native Nathan Foley has 23 years of stage and TV experience, and is the recipient of several awards, including three Logies (Emmy Award equivalent), five Arias (AMA equivalent), and a Helpmann Award (Tony Award equivalent). As a soloist, he received awards for best young entertainer and best young artist as well.
This was Princess Cruises’ fifth annual “Entertainer of the Year” program. Previous winners Ben Seidman, Zach Winningham, Tony Tillman, and Carlos Oscar continue to perform year round aboard Princess ships, and remain among the company’s top-rated entertainers.
As the new “Entertainer of the Year,” Nathan also received $5,000.
Featured photo courtesy of Ashley via Flickr.
- Overview: Visiting Bar Harbor, Maine on a Cruise
- 18 Photos of The Bimini Beach Club & What Cruisers Should Expect
- Review: Chibang! Chinese & Mexican Restaurant on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- 8 Tips, Hacks, and Ways to Save Money on a Carnival Cruise
- Cruise News Today — November 26, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Grand Cayman Reopens to First Cruise Ship in 20 Months
- Cruise News Today — November 25, 2021 [VIDEO]
- New MSC Seashore Arrives in Jamaica, Docks Beside Sister-Ship
- Cruise News Today — November 24, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Chef Emeril Lagasse Cuts Ribbon on New Carnival Cruise Restaurant