Québec City, Canada has announced its first ever Cruise Month, which will kick off September 16 and run through October 16. Each fall, Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA), and the cruising community come together to celebrate cruising with Cruise Month events around the world.
Québec’s will celebrate a booming cruise industry in the region. The Port of Québec is poised to have a record-breaking year with a large increase in passengers. The port forecasts a nearly 30 percent increase over the 2016 season, which could bring the port to an all-time high of 200,000 visitors. A variety of events are planned to showcase local businesses, arts, and culture of the history and dynamic city. During this time, five ships will be making maiden calls to Québec: Ponant Soleil, Viking Sky, Silver Muse, Viking Sea, and Norwegian Jade.
The celebration will allow cruise visitors the chance to discover new experiences in the city. The districts will provide a variety of cultural activities, including:
- Passages Insolites – June 29 to October 15 – Pop-up public art installations are displayed throughout the Old Port district, Quartier Petit Champlain, and Place Royale.
- Festival de Cinema de la Ville de Québec – September 13 to 23 – This annual event offers premieres and screenings of films from all over the world at various places throughout the city.
- The Night of the Gallery – September 16 – Attendees can walk through the streets of Quartier Petit Champlain with a glass of wine in hand. During the evening, 35 art galleries and artisan’s shops will stay open late, and 29 top restaurants will provide exceptional cuisine.
- Limoilou en Famille – September 17 – Family-focused performances of traditional and humorous songs along with circus activities, cheerleading demonstrations, Zumba workshops, and more.
For more information about the port and this year’s cruising season there, click here.
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: Carnival Magic Review