Travel Weekly‘s readers have spoken, and named Cunard’s ocean liner Queen Mary 2 “Best Luxury Cruise Ship” in the magazine’s Readers Choice Awards.
“We are deeply grateful to the readers of Travel Weekly for awarding Cunard’s Queen Mary 2 as ‘best luxury ship,’ said Josh Leibowitz, senior VP of Cunard North America. “Cunard takes pride in our luxury experience on board and we are grateful to be consistently acknowledged by one of the industry’s most respected publications.”
The winners were honored on December 15, 2016 at a gala awards dinner and ceremony in New York City. They were selected in 78 categories including airline, car, hospitality, rail, GDS, agent education, tour, cruise, destination, and theme park sectors.
Last year, Queen Mary 2 had an extensive refit, and is one of the largest renovations that Cunard has ever undertaken. The ship received new accommodations, redesigned Princess Grill and Queens Grill Restaurants, Kings Court, Carinthia Lounge, and the addition of the specialty French restaurant The Verandah.
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Reduces ‘Free At Sea’ Perks
- New Royal Caribbean Ship Features Southern Dining, 20+ Restaurants
- Uncertain Future For Crystal Cruises as Parent Company Sinks Under Debt
- Holland America Extends Cancellation Policy through September 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 19, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Bookings Open on Miami’s Next MSC Cruise Ship
- Cruise News Today — January 18, 2022 [VIDEO]
- U.S. River Line Orders 12 Small Cruise Ships