Cunard is launching a new restaurant, the Verandah, aboard it’s flagship cruise vessel Queen Mary 2, to open in June after a big refit. Opening day will be exactly 80 years after the first Cunard Verandah Grill went to sea aboard Queen Mary in 1936.
Replacing the Todd English restaurant, the Verandah will be French cuisine reflecting on each season of the year. The Verandah already has a good track record, too, as it’s a crowd favorite aboard the Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria. It will feature elegant, airy dining rooms with service focused on attention to detail and attentiveness. A bar will be available for pre or post-meal drinks.
Originally, the Verandah Grills were exclusive dining rooms for First Class guests and were considered the most exclusive at sea. They were influenced and on par with esteemed private clubs in New York, London, and Paris. They offered privacy for the rich and famous, including visitors such as Fred Astaire, Winston Churchill, Marlene Dietrich, Charlie Chaplin, Elizabeth Taylor, and Greta Garbo.
Meals at the Verandah will be available at a surcharge for both lunch and dinner. For more information, visit cunard.com.
Renderings courtesy of Cunard
- Viking’s Newest Ocean Cruise Ship Named and Welcomed to the Fleet
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — May 18, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival President Tells NBC Nightly News They Still Plan on July Restart
- Another Carnival Corp. Ship Resumes Cruises From Italy
- CDC Eases Testing Requirements For Fully-Vaccinated Cruise Passengers
- New Norwegian Cruise Ship Boasts Record-Breaking Sales
- Royal Caribbean Pulls Odyssey Out Of Israel As Violence Increases
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Upcoming Mardi Gras’ Godmother
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of May 9, 2021
- 11 Popular Things To Do in Key West, Florida
DESTINATIONS5 days ago
5 Free Public Beaches in Nassau, Bahamas
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Why Florida’s Governor Just Insulted a Major Cruise Line
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Federal Court Judge To Decide On Florida’s Call For Injunction Over CDC Rules
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Carnival Sensation Arrives at US Port to Begin Crew Vaccinations [PHOTOS]