Today Cunard announced plans to transform Queen Mary 2‘s Winter Garden into an elegant, airy new venue; the Carinthia Lounge. Named after Cunard’s Carinthia ships, the new lounge will take shape during the ship’s refit this coming May.
The Carinthia Lounge is being designed to be one of the most stylish destinations on the Queen Mary 2, and it will transition seamlessly throughout the day. In the morning and afternoon it will be a serene and cheery lounge serving light breakfast and lunch options, and in the evening it will transform into an elegant dining destination.
The lounge will feature a dedicated patisserie and an afternoon tea service, along with an option of a special Cliquot Champagne Afternoon Tea experience. In the evening, the atmosphere will be an inviting spot featuring premium wine, small plates, and relaxed entertainment.
The Carinthia Lounge will feature a modern, but calming color palette of cream and gold, and powder blue, and include versatile seating layouts including dining chairs and tables as well as curved lounge seating. The spacious venue will also feature vertical metal art deco-inspired screens, a wine wall, and a dark walnut dance floor.
Rendering courtesy of Cunard.
- Holland America Details Special Cruise For Rotterdam Naming
- World’s Largest Cruise Ship Delivered to Royal Caribbean
- Carnival Australia Restart Pushed Back to June
- Cruise News Today — January 27, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Recipe: Carnival’s Official Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
- Disney Cruise Line Details ‘Marvel Day at Sea’ 2023 Dates
- When Every Norwegian Cruise Line Ship Will Resume Sailing
- Holland America Line is Giving Away 75 Alaska Cruises
- Caribbean Restart Date & Itineraries Detailed For Celebrity Infinity
- New Carnival Megaship Receives Signature Funnel [PHOTOS]