Cunard announced today its plans to revamp the Kings Court buffet aboard Queen Mary 2. During the ship’s extensive refit from May 27 – June 1 of next year, the relaxed buffet will transformed with a more open buffet area and reconfigured seating areas.
Over the past year and a half, designers along with the ship’s galley teams have undertaken the task of redefining the space not only for the guest’s ease of use and comfort, but for the chefs and other buffet crew as well. The refreshed Kings Court will feature new menus, waiter-served drinks, and pre-set tables.
Queen Mary 2 chefs will have open areas where they can do cooking demonstrations for the guests, highlighting the new menu. The buffet will feature cold and hot options, light snacks, and alternate evening dining options like Italian, Pan Asian, Indian, and Tex Mex. The Chef’s Galley area, serving pastas and pizzas at lunchtime, will also offer a Chef’s Table tasting menu on select evenings.
The redesigned Kings Court will feature Art Deco chandeliers, warm colors, mirrors to accentuate the ocean view, and fresh finishes.
Renderings courtesy of Cunard.
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: Carnival Magic Review 
- Norwegian Cruise Line Reduces ‘Free At Sea’ Perks
- New Royal Caribbean Ship Features Southern Dining, 20+ Restaurants