This week I had a chance to chat with Vanessa Lee, river cruise expert, and godmother of the Avalon Vista. I’ve known of Vanessa for years and finally had a chance to meet her on a Holland America sailing in 2016; we quickly became friends.
We chat about:
- Being godmother of a river cruise ship
- Where she thinks river cruising is going
- Are world events causing people to hedge with river cruising?
Terri Burke has been on both side of the cruise industry, once on the consumer side and now on the operations side as Managing Director of Avalon Waterways. Recently, Avalon Waterways announced some new enhancements and we caught up with Terri to speak about them.
We talk about:
- Culinary enhancements
- The new Active Discovery shore excursion program
- How immersed does Avalon Waterways get into the destination?
- Waiving the solo supplement fee for 2017 European sailings
- Bookings Open on Miami’s Next MSC Cruise Ship
- Cruise News Today — January 18, 2022 [VIDEO]
- U.S. River Line Orders 12 Small Cruise Ships
- Carnival Cruise Director Accepts Promotion, is Leaving Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — January 17, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Delays Return of West Coast Ship, Cancels Four Sailings
- Spain to Require Booster Shots For U.S. Visitors
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 9, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 15, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Opts Into CDC’s Voluntary COVID-19 Program