Recently, Avalon Waterways unveiled and christened two of what they call “Suite Ships” in Enkhuizen, Holland. Avalon Visionary and Avalon Vista mark the company’s 2nd and 3rd Suite Ships in just 12 months
Staterooms on Avalon’s “Suite Ships” feature a large seating area adjacent to a wall to wall panoramic windowthat when opened transforms the entire suite into an open-air balcony. With a focus on bringing the beauty of Europe inside, Avalon’s Open-Air Balconies can be enjoyed any hour of the day, all year, adding comfort to the overall guest experience.
“With two full decks of suites, nothing showcases the best of river cruising like our Suite Ships,” said Patrick Clark managing director of Avalon Waterways. “Each Suite has been thoughtfully designed to enhance the European cruise experience. From bed and bathroom positioning to storage and sound-proof insulation, we provide cruisers a renewed feeling of freedom, space and comfort not found with other cruise lines.”
Docked parallel to one another at the North Holland marina of Enkhuizen, guests gathered to witness two godmothers bless two Suite Ships, for the first time. The order of this unique, dual christening was determined by coin toss. The Avalon Visionary won the honor of leading the ceremony.
- Nicole Mazza addressed the crowd first to bless the Avalon Visionary. In her blessing, she said, “May all who sail this new vessel find joy and enrichment on board. May the rivers rise to meet the sky and carry all in comfort and ease. May gentle breezes flow across her bow as she sails the great rivers of Europe. I christen you Avalon Visionary. May God bless you, your passengers and your crew. May there always be a swift current beneath your hull to guide you safely with beauty and grace.”
- The Avalon Vista followed with Vanessa Lee saying the following words: “ As we christen this ship, I trust that she will be guided by strong and worthy hands and the steadfast knowledge and skill of her Captain and crew. I hope she will be a true vessel of encouragement and promote harmony, understanding, grace and camaraderie, thereby enriching the lives of those who sail with her. May the men and women who conceived of her, built her and those to whom she is now entrusted be recognized for their work and inspire others. And may she stay on the truest of courses, sail safely to each of her destinations and always be a stellar presence on the rivers of Europe. I name this ship Avalon Vista. May God bless and protect her and all who sail in her for ever more.“
After the christening, guests were invited aboard the Avalon Vista for a Champagne reception with entertainment from de Swingers and five-course Captain’s dinner. An impressive, 15-minute fireworks celebration followed culminating in a sparkling display that featured the names of both christened ships.
Chris Owen is a travel writer from Orlando Florida charged with sharing frank, inside information on cruise vacations with travelers. Certified a Master Cruise Counselor by the Cruise Lines International Association, Chris can be found via the popular travel blog, ChrisCruises.net and on the long-running cruise information website, YourCruiseDream.com
- Avalon Christens Two Newest ‘Suite Ships’ in Dual Ceremony(cruisecritic.com)
- Avalon Waterways unveils new river cruises for 2013(cruiseradio.net)
- River cruise line offers new luxury: choice(chriscruises.net)
- Avalon Waterways introduces new concept to personalize cruises in 2013(cruiseradio.net)
- Oceania Cruises Christen ‘Riviera’ in Barcelona(cruiseradio.net)
- Norwegian Cruise Line Reduces ‘Free At Sea’ Perks
- New Royal Caribbean Ship Features Southern Dining, 20+ Restaurants
- Uncertain Future For Crystal Cruises as Parent Company Sinks Under Debt
- Holland America Extends Cancellation Policy through September 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 19, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Bookings Open on Miami’s Next MSC Cruise Ship
- Cruise News Today — January 18, 2022 [VIDEO]
- U.S. River Line Orders 12 Small Cruise Ships
- Carnival Cruise Director Accepts Promotion, is Leaving Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — January 17, 2022 [VIDEO]