MIAMI – February 29, 2012 – Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd. (NYSE, OSE: RCL) exercised its option to build a second Sunshine-class cruise ship to be delivered in the Spring 2015. The ship will be built by German shipbuilder Meyer Werft on substantially the same terms as the first Sunshine ship. “This confirms our continued confidence in the success of this new generation of ships and our strong conviction about the Royal Caribbean International brand,” said Richard D. Fain, Chairman and CEO of Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- Virgin Voyages Updating Cabins on Two Cruise Ships
- Chef Rudi Sodamin Named Princess’ Head of Culinary Arts
- New Residential Ship to Offer ‘Worldschooling’ Education Program
- Cruise News Today — January 24, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Explores $10 COVID-19 Testing Option for Shorter Cruises
- Cruise News Today — January 23, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 16, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant