In an email to travel agents last week, Seabourn announced the news that smoking will no longer be permitted inside any ship at any time, including on guests’ private balconies.
The new policy will take effect on all four of the cruise line’s ships, on the following dates:
- Seabourn Quest: 11/28/2016, Buenos Aries – Valparaiso
- Seabourn Encore: 12/4/2016, Athens – Dubai
- Seabourn Sojourn: 12/5/2016, Dubai – Singapore
- Seabourn Odyssey: 12/7/2016, Lisbon – Fort Lauderdale
For guests who wish to smoke, there will continue to be designated areas around the ship to do so:
- On the starboard half of the Sky Bar, including the bar stools
- On the starboard half of the open terrace aft of The Club on deck 5
- Smoking of cigarettes, pipes, and cigars is permitted on the open terrace aft of Seabourn Square on deck 7. This is the only area where pipe and cigar smoking is allowed.
Water pipes, glass pipes, and other smoking devices aren’t allowed onboard. E-cigarettes are allowed in guest suites, as well as the other designated smoking areas.
Featured photo: Seabourn