Video footage confirms that Samantha Broberg of Arlington, Texas, plunged off of the Carnival Liberty at around 2 a.m. Friday morning when the ship was approximately 200 miles southeast of Galveston.
“The camera footage indicates the guest was sitting on a deck railing and fell backwards into the water,” a Carnival spokesperson told the Huffington Post. “Carnival’s CareTeam is providing support to the guest’s traveling companions and family. We are keeping our guest and her loved ones in our thoughts during this time.”
Numerous sources report that after Broberg’s traveling companions reported her missing at around noon on Friday, an extensive search of the ship was undertaken. Only later was the video footage showing her fateful plunge discovered.
Coast Guard searched for the missing passenger Friday and into the evening on Saturday, with the search resuming early Sunday morning.
- Viking’s Newest Ocean Cruise Ship Named and Welcomed to the Fleet
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — May 18, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival President Tells NBC Nightly News They Still Plan on July Restart
- Another Carnival Corp. Ship Resumes Cruises From Italy
- CDC Eases Testing Requirements For Fully-Vaccinated Cruise Passengers
- New Norwegian Cruise Ship Boasts Record-Breaking Sales
- Royal Caribbean Pulls Odyssey Out Of Israel As Violence Increases
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Upcoming Mardi Gras’ Godmother
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of May 9, 2021
- 11 Popular Things To Do in Key West, Florida
DESTINATIONS5 days ago
5 Free Public Beaches in Nassau, Bahamas
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Why Florida’s Governor Just Insulted a Major Cruise Line
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Federal Court Judge To Decide On Florida’s Call For Injunction Over CDC Rules
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Carnival Sensation Arrives at US Port to Begin Crew Vaccinations [PHOTOS]