Video footage confirms that Samantha Broberg of Arlington, Texas, plunged off of the Carnival Liberty at around 2 a.m. Friday morning when the ship was approximately 200 miles southeast of Galveston.
“The camera footage indicates the guest was sitting on a deck railing and fell backwards into the water,” a Carnival spokesperson told the Huffington Post. “Carnival’s CareTeam is providing support to the guest’s traveling companions and family. We are keeping our guest and her loved ones in our thoughts during this time.”
Numerous sources report that after Broberg’s traveling companions reported her missing at around noon on Friday, an extensive search of the ship was undertaken. Only later was the video footage showing her fateful plunge discovered.
Coast Guard searched for the missing passenger Friday and into the evening on Saturday, with the search resuming early Sunday morning.
- Carnival Cruise Line Moves Fantasy Out of Mobile
- Australia Picks Up Displaced Princess Cruise Ship
- Cruise Line Employee Celebrates 50 Years at Sea
- First Time Royal Caribbean Cruise Guide
- 5 Things to Do in Costa Maya, Mexico
- Cruise Line Continues Screening for Coronavirus, Cancels Voyage
- 11 Ways to Decorate Your Stateroom Door
- Photo Tour: MSC Divina
- Social Media Helps Cruise Lines Secure a Younger Market
- Richard Branson’s Adults-Only Cruise Ship is Delivered