Luxury cruise line Silversea has announced plans for its first-ever ship lengthening. The transformation of Silver Spirit will begin in early March at Fincantieri shipyard’s Palermo location. The vessel will be lengthened by inserting a pre-built 49 foot long midsection, holding six Silver Suites, 26 Veranda Suites, and two Panorama Suites. Technical upgrades will also be implemented.
Giorgio Rizzo, Senior VP Services of Fincantieri, said “The lengthening of a ship always entails a rare level of complexity in a sector with already high technological content as the cruise one is…We are particularly proud of it because we will supervise it entirely, from design to its full execution, to the delivery to the shipowner.”
The ship’s major redesign undertaking takes its inspiration from the line’s new flagship, Silver Muse. New dining concepts will be incorporated, and décor will be updated throughout existing suites, public indoor spaces, and outdoor areas.
Silver Spirit offers a lively atmosphere for travelers who enjoy a variety of onboard amenities and activities, yet want personalized service and “up-close” experiences that Silversea is known for. And, though she will be longer, the ship will still remain small enough to visit secluded and iconic ports that larger ships cannot reach.
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: Carnival Magic Review