In response to high demand, luxury line Silversea Cruises is adding three new Antarctica Bridge voyages to its 2023-2024 season.
The fly-cruise program provides the fastest, most direct route to Antarctica by enabling guests to fly over the Drake Passage in comfort. With three ice-class ships sailing around the White Continent, Silversea operates the most diverse Antarctica schedule in ultra-luxury cruising.
“In response to exceptional demand, we have added three new fly-cruise voyages aboard Silver Cloud for 2024,” said Roberto Martinoli, Silversea’s President and CEO. “Our pioneering Antarctica Bridge option is tremendously popular with time-conscious travellers who prefer to experience the White Continent without crossing the Drake Passage.”
Three New Voyages
Adding to Silversea’s existing Antarctica Bridge offering for 2022 and 2023, guests looking for a fast track to the White Continent can choose from two new five-day expedition voyages on Silver Cloud departing February 2 and 7, 2024, as well as a six-day sailing departing February 12, 2024.
After landing at Chile’s Eduardo Frei Montalva air base on King George Island, Silver Cloud‘s guests will spend the same amount of time exploring Antarctica as on the line’s regular itineraries. They’ll visit Antarctic Sound, the Antarctic Peninsula, and the South Shetland Islands.
Silversea’s Expedition Team will guide Zodiac tours, kayaking adventures, and shoreside explorations. They’ll also offer lectures on the region’s geology, wildlife, and history.
In addition to seeing ice formations and stunning landscapes, guests will visit large penguin rookeries and may see several species of seals, whales, and birds.
MORE: Cruise Director, Entertainment Director Named For New Ship Carnival Celebration
Journeys via Puerto Williams
For cruises that cross the Drake Passage, Silversea recently launched roundtrip voyages from Puerto Williams, Chile.
From the 2022-2023 season, guests on the line’s three ice-class expedition ships — Silver Cloud, Wind, and Explorer — will enjoy more conventional flight times, a private charter flight, and quicker transfers to the ship.
Inclusive Polar Sailings
Guests traveling on Silversea’s Antarctica Bridge voyages enjoy these inclusions:
- Private executive transfers
- International roundtrip flights
- One night pre-cruise hotel stay and one post-cruise hotel night in Santiago (post-cruise hotel stay for European guests only)
- In-country flights to Punta Arenas
- One pre-cruise hotel and one post-cruise hotel night in Punta Arenas
- Private business class roundtrip flight between Punta Arenas and King George Island
- Transfers and luggage handling
- Limited free wifi
- 24-hour room service, including caviar
- Premium beverages in-suite and around the ship
- Butler service
- Complimentary parka, backpack, and water bottle, as well as the use of boots, waterproof pants, and walking poles
READ NEXT: Norwegian Cruise Ship Alters Itinerary After Striking an Iceberg