Could China be on the path to becoming the new Cruise Capitol of the World? That’s not even on the horizon, but with the right infrastructure and hardware they could be the next cruise hotbed.
Royal Caribbean announced that their third Quantum-class ship, Ovation of the Seas, will be homeported in China in 2016.
5 in China!
Currently under construction, Ovation of the Seas will join Quantum of the Seas, Mariner of the Seas, Voyager of the Seas and Legend of the Seas in the China seas. The five ships will comprise the largest fleet deployment for any cruise brand in China, homeporting in four metropolitan Chinese cities – Shanghai, Tianjin, Hong Kong and Xiamen – and primarily sailing three- to 12-night itineraries to destinations in Japan, Korea, Taiwan and Vietnam.
Looking ahead in 2016:
- Oasis of the Seas (Oasis-class) – moves to Port Canaveral
- Allure of the Seas (Oasis-class) – stays in Port Everglades
- Harmony of the Seas (Oasis-class) – move to Port Everglades
- Quantum of the Seas (Quantum-class) – heads to China (2015)
- Ovation of the Seas (Quantum-class) – heads to China
- Anthem of the Seas (Quantum-class) – heads to New Jersey (2015)
Ovation of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas and Quantum of the Seas are among the Quantum Class, the world’s most advanced cruise ships.
[smart_track_player url=”https://traffic.libsyn.com/cruiseradioshow/CR_QUANTUM_11_20_14_AU.mp3″ title=”Quantum of the Seas Broadcast ” artist=”Cruise Radio” ]