According to South Florida Caribbean News, St. Croix is scheduled to have 55 cruise ships visiting the islands between October 2012 and September 2013.
While a higher number of ships visited the port this year, the size of the ships will yield a higher passenger count. Royal Caribbean’s Jewel of the Seas is scheduled to bring over 17,500 guests and crew next summer alone.
“We continue to work diligently to build brand awareness for St. Croix to increase both cruise and land-based arrivals,” said Tourism Commissioner Beverly Nicholson-Doty. “In the face of these challenging economic times, cruise arrivals are a welcome opportunity to showcase the best of St. Croix and encourage visitors to return for extended overnight stays,” she said.
Some of the larger upcoming ships are Jewel of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas, Vision of the Seas, Enchantment of the Seas, and Celebrity Cruises’ Eclipse, all with passenger counts over 3,000.
The upcoming cruise season in St. Croix will also bring days of multiple ship arrivals.
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- Spain to Require Booster Shots For U.S. Visitors
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 9, 2022
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Opts Into CDC’s Voluntary COVID-19 Program
- CDC’s Conditional Sail Order Now Voluntary — What Happens Next?
- Norwegian Ends Cruise Mid-Voyage, Ship Returns to New York City
- Looking Back: Ten Years After Costa Concordia
- Cruise News Today — January 14, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Sunshine Resumes Cruises From Charleston
- Viking Neptune Floated Out at the Shipyard in Italy
- Royal Caribbean Further Extends Cruise With Confidence Program