In 2017, Disney Cruise Line guests will be able to celebrate the adventures of the Star Wars saga during the popular Star Wars Day at Sea aboard 15 special sailings on Disney Fantasy.
Occurring one day during each of the 15 cruises, the special day will transport guests to a galaxy far, far away…in the Caribbean. There will be a themed deck party, character meet-and-greets, themed family and kid’s activities, unique food and drinks, and special merchandise.
Fun for Everyone
- Darth Vader, Kylo Ren, Chewbacca, R2-D2, and other characters will be onboard for interactions and photos
- Kids and families can compete during Star Wars trivia games
- Guests are encouraged to bring costumes and participate in the costume celebration in the atrium
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story will be shown onboard, as well as all seven Star Wars films
Kids Use Their Power
- In ‘Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple’, kids can learn the ways of the Jedi and put their skills to the test in a final face-off with Darth Vader
- In ‘Padawan Mind Challenge’, kids can participate in a battle of wits and trivia to become mind challenge masters
- ‘Star Wars Saga: Tales from a Galaxy Far, Far Away’ is a guest participation show featuring the retelling of favorite Star Wars stories, with the help of special effects and props
- Star Wars-themed crafts, games, and activities are offered throughout the day
- The ‘Summon the Force’ deck party is filled with music, dancing, and games
- The ‘Summon the Force’ deck show will be accompanied by John Williams’ epic score, now including music from The Force Awakens and Rogue One
- The party cumulates as Star Wars characters gather for a celebration of the saga in an epic show, complete with a fireworks finale
- In 2017, there is a new story with more pyrotechnics, special effects, and stunts
Merch, Food, & Drinks
- Merchandise exclusive to Star Wars Day at Sea is available on each sailing, including collectibles, customizable name tags, and 11 special trading pins
- The dinner menu will include Sand People salad, Bantha steak empanadas, Opee Sea Killer shrimp cocktail, and Qui-Gon’s crisp chicken. Sweet endings complete the meal with Calrissian velvet cake, Cloud City macarons, and a frozen carbonite sundae.
- Specialty themed drinks include the colorful Galaxy in a Glass and a non-alcoholic Planetoid Punch
- There are other non-alcoholic drinks in collectible cups like a BB-8 sipper and Chewbacca stein, and for snacking, popcorn is served in containers themed to Darth Vader’s helmet or a tie fighter.
- Guests can watch all seven films in the Star Wars saga
- Enjoy the latest installment, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Also showing will be new episodes of the new Disney XD animated series, Star Wars Rebels
Star Wars Day at Sea will be on 15 Disney Fantasy seven-night cruises from Port Canaveral. Dates are January 7, February 4, March 4 & 18, and April 1 & 15, 2017 to the western Caribbean. Dates January 14 & 28, February 11 & 25, March 11 & 25, and April 8, 2017 are to the eastern Caribbean.
Also, upon hearing the news of Carrie Fisher’s (Princess Leia in Star Wars) passing today, we here at Cruise Radio would like to extend our thoughts and prayers to her family and loved ones.